October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month an annual campaign to increase awareness of the disease. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 255,000 women get breast cancer and 42,000 women die from the disease in the US every year.
Here’s how you can support Breast Cancer Awareness in your workplace:
- Consider doing a Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign
- Share the handouts included in the Breast Cancer Toolkit on the Excellus For Business website
- Share this 40 second video on Breast Cancer
- Host a wear PINK day at work to raise awareness on the importance of making healthy lifestyle choices, scheduling regular annual visits to the doctor, and discussing breast cancer screening.
- Are employees virtual? Encourage staff to submit selfies of themselves wearing pink or encourage turning videos on during virtual meetings to showcase their pink.
Additional Resources to Explore: