2023 Plan Highlights:
With a new year comes exciting changes to bring groups and members better coverage and greater peace of mind. Take a look at what’s to come for 2023:
- NEW Calm® – New in 2023 the Calm app will be included in all Small Group plans. This digital resource helps members to manage stress and support better emotional wellbeing. All participating plans will include a premium subscription.
- NEW Bright Beginnings – Upon renewal in 2023, a new maternity care management program, called Bright Beginnings will be available to Small Group members. The program will embrace a proactive outreach strategy to engage members. Our Care Management team will provide support to members as they navigate the health care system, with a focus on early intervention, prenatal education, and personalized support during and after pregnancy.
- ENHANCED Active&Fit ExerciseRewards™ – We will be updating our Active&Fit ExerciseRewards program to count a fitness center visit as two points. Members that track their steps will continue to earn one point for 10,000+ steps in a day. Members are rewarded once they earn 100 points each 6-month period for working out at a qualifying fitness center or on their own through their tracked steps. Maximum of two points per day will be allowable. Note: Workouts must be completed at a qualifying fitness center to earn 2 points. At home workouts will not be accepted.
- Reduced Cost Share for Blue Simplicity Gold – Starting in 2023, there will be a lower level 6 copay on the Blue Simplicity Gold plan for Small Groups! Introduced last year, Blue Simplicity plans give groups the benefits of the predictability of a copay plan – without the higher premiums. With transparent copay levels, first dollar coverage with no deductibles and coinsurance, free preventive care from day one, and much more!
- Covered Therapies at PCP Cost Share – The in-network benefit for physical, occupational, and speech therapy care will now be a PCP cost share, lowering the total cost of care, eliminating barriers, and making it more accessible. This applies to all Non-Standard plans that have a specialist copay for this benefit. (Subject to deductible, where applicable.)
- Pediatric Vision – Pediatric annual routine eye exams will be covered in full on all Non-Standard plans. Previously, this was covered at a specialist copay. (Subject to deductible, where applicable.)
- NEW Annual Maximum Rollover Packages – We added two additional Employer Sponsored Annual Maximum Rollover package options to the portfolio. The new packages offer higher Annual Maximum options, one with a higher Orthodontic Maximum and one without Orthodontic coverage.
Please contact your broker or Excellus BCBS Account Manager or Account Service Consultant with any questions.