With a new year comes exciting new changes to bring groups and members even better coverage. Take a look at what’s in store for 2023.*
Here’s What’s New for 2023:
- Bright Beginnings – Upon renewal in 2023, the Healthy Baby Connection program, previously available to Large Groups, will be enhanced and called Bright Beginnings. While many aspects of the previous program will stay the same, the 2023 program will embrace a more proactive outreach strategy to engage members sooner. Our Care Management team will continue to provide support to members as they navigate the health care system, with a focus on early intervention, prenatal education, and personalized support during and after pregnancy. In 2023, the Bright Beginnings program will also be available to Small Groups.
- Active&Fit ExerciseRewardsTM – We will be updating our Active&Fit ExerciseRewards program to count a fitness center visit as two points. Members that track their steps will continue to earn one point for 10,000+ steps in a day. Members are rewarded once they earn 100 points each 6-month period for working out at a qualifying fitness center or on their own1 through their tracked steps. Maximum of two points per day will be allowable.
- Dental Annual Maximum Rollover and Account Fund Matching – Groups enrolling in an Excellus BCBS Dental Blue Options plan with the Annual Maximum Rollover benefit will now be able to keep any accrued rollover account funds from another plan. We will match the funding members have with a competitor up to the Rollover Account Maximum.
- REMINDER! Blue Simplicity Plans are Available to all Large Groups – Introduced last year, Blue Simplicity plans give groups the predictability of a copay plan – without the higher premiums. With transparent copay levels, first dollar coverage with no deductibles and coinsurance, free preventive care from day one, and much more! Blue Simplicity is available to all Fully Insured and Self-Funded groups.
- More information will be available for Small Group this fall.
- Please contact your broker or Excellus BCBS Account Manager or Account Service Consultant with any questions.
* Subject to DFS Approval
1At home workouts will not count as a workout, only the steps tracked during your workout may count towards rewards.