Vaccinations are not just for children – adults need vaccinations, too. Immunity from some childhood vaccines can wear off over time and adults are more at risk for different diseases (shingles, for example) than children. Vaccination is one of the safest and most convenient preventive measures available yet vaccination rates among US adults remains low (less than 50%). Adult vaccination rates for Blacks and Hispanics are lower than for Whites and Asians.
Vaccines that are authorized or approved by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) are covered in full by insurance for eligible adults, subject to your health plan’s benefits and exclusions. The best way for people to know what vaccines they need is to see their primary care provider.
Download our Vaccine Resources Toolkit (ZIP) which includes flyers, checklist and FAQs to help you support your employees:
- Promote the importance of vaccines, preventive care, and seeing their PCP to your employees using the included flyers
- Hold a flu and/or COVID shot clinic onsite
- Give employees 4 hours PTO for getting recommended vaccines
Here are some additional resources:
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC): Vaccines & Immunizations
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS): Immunization
Vaccine Resources Toolkit (ZIP)